Monday, July 7, 2008

but i want it!!!!!!!!!



yep, that's right- hubby and i are on a diet. what made us come to this unbelievably horrific and insane decision? we are both overweight- i don't think we look bad, but we definately feel bad- we don't have the energy we used to, we don't look like we used to, hell, we can't even walk up a flight of stairs without being completely winded! i feel like this diet will be best for the both of us- hubby has been wanting to diet for a while and i really want to support him on this (and hopefully loose a few pounds myself :0)- you can never look to hott right?- yep that's hott with two t's!

so anyways enough about my hottness, hubby and i are on day 6 of our diet and all is going pretty well- that is if you consider mood swings and extreme panic well. i am NOT used to denying myself whatever i want to eat, whenever i want to eat it- i have just never worked like that. i have always prided myself on being able to eat whatever i wanted- and as much of it as i wanted to. then i realized that eating whatever i want is not good for me- in fact when your me and you crave things like scalloped potatoes, pizza, nachos, crunchwrap supremes, jimmy johns, and of course my all time favorite- pasta, all the time your body is bound to "give" a little- and in my case it has given a lot.

since my last couple of posts have been big reveal posts here is another one for you- when i met D i weighed about 120 pounds- totally normal for my height and age- in fact i even weighed in low on the average. i have never been one to chart my weight or even worry about my weight for that matter (except for the time i went on a mandarin orange and rice diet in high school- i was young and not so bright, what can i say?) but i have to say my concern level is on high.

my current weight? 140 lbs

that may not seem like a lot but from my point of view 20 lbs is a lot of weight to gain or such a short amount of time. and my eating habits are not good- it seems like lately i have not been able to feel full in quite a while- i am always eating, eating, eating- especially because i sit at a computer all day- when i get bored, i eat, on my 15 min break i eat, when i'm on my lunch i eat- it is a lot of food for one person to eat in a day. for example last week for lunch my fabulous coworkers and i went to taco bell- not the best place to eat but it is cheap. well i love their crunchwraps without the meat- they are sooo good. well i decided 1 was not going to be enough- so i got 2 thinking maybe i could have that other one later for a snack. i also got 2 orders of nachos- because after all they are small, right?

i ate both crunchwraps, both nachos, and a regular coke- WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!!

i definately walked away feeling full, but sluggish- that's not the way i want to feel after eating! i want to feel full, but refreshed and energized, not tired and bloated. so this diet will be good for both of us- i have already lost 5 1lbs, which i am sure is water weight but non the less it is progress!

i was a little crazy the first couple of days i will admit. taking me grocery shopping was no fun task, just ask Darin! everytime he turned around i was grabbing something full of calories and fat. if i wasn't grabbing chips, cookies, or frozen pizza i was asking him "well what CAN i eat then Dr. Dubinsky?!?!!?" in a very sarcastic tone. yea i imagine my withdrawal from sugar and fatty foods to be something similiar to that of a smoker going cold turkey- only i was much more bitchy about it....

there are many upsides to this diet- not only will we loose weight, but we will also feel better about ourselves. and i really, really want to prepare my body for when we do start TTC- if i eat bad now, how will i be able to stop myself from eating bad while i'm pregnant? i just don't want to risk my baby's health because of my bad eating habits

so wish me luck my friends, i'm going to need it...

4 comments:

Julia Goolia said...

So you are just eating more fruits and veggies, and less junk? That's a good diet, keep it up!

Tasha said...

Oh my goodness, I am a huge sucker for the Crunchwrap. It's always tempting me.

Good for you for making an effort to eat healthy! I PACKED ON those relationship pounds fast and I wish I hadn't waited so long to stop the bad habits.

Keep up with it and find other delicious treats to eat. I've been eating such small amounts of sugary foods lately that a couple strawberries are like the ultimate heaven of a dessert. Just stick to it and re-train your brain!

I find that designating a cheat day or meal can be helpful. I don't deny myself completely of the Crunchwrap. I just limit it to once a month. ;)

Erin said...

Good luck with the diet - dieting makes me want to die so I can totally relate. :)

ptg said...

hmmm....never had the crunchwrap. I've always gotten the regular taco (softshell) with beans no meat.

Definitely good for you to recognize it now before it got worse. I'm finally down to my wedding weight (4 years later) and my goal is to be another 20lbs lighter.

I agree with Tasha too - once you've cut back, the new "treats" will seem so much better!