Monday, March 31, 2008

the first day back and i am the chicken....

so today was a little hectic.... okay a lot of hectic! it seemed liked i had absolutely no time to breath- no time to do anything for that matter! the day went by quickly though which was nice because seeing as it was the first day back in classes i had no desire to be there- does anyone really want to go back after a nice relaxing break?

if you are rational the answer is no...... :0)

so i started the day off late- D wakes up for work at about 7:45 because he works at 8:30- i asked him to kindly wake me up at 8:10 but that didn't happen- and why didn't it happen? because my hubby is a freak of nature- he truly spends longer in the shower than i do- at least 30 minutes if not more.... i'm totally serious- it's completely alien to me- what guy spends 30 or more minutes in the shower? so this is why i got woken up at 8:29 instead of 8:10- that would normally be fine except for the fact i have class at 9:00 on Mon and Wed.

so i jumped out of bed... skipped the nice relaxing hot shower and jumped in my car making it to school with plenty of time to spare!!!!!

that is what i SHOULD have done, and in a perfect world i probably would have....

instead i decided to lay in bed another 10 minutes- then if that weren't bad enough i decided i absolutely needed a shower- it would relax me for my first day- and after all the shower is truly what was going to make or break my day so i went for it. i rolled into class at promptly 9:25- fashionably late right?

hmmmmmm wrong...... i didn't realize we had all of our samples for our dye unit due on wednesday.... this wednesday..... so i ran around the room like a chicken with my head caught off- until my good friend erin told me that i needed to relax- which is very true- getting all high strung and crazy over some dumb fabric really isn't worth it- a good friend always knows when to tell you to chill out- and i definately needed to chill

so then i went to the cafeteria- hubby had called so i called him back- and what a sweetheart, he called just to see how my first day back was going- these are the little things that make my husband so great- hearing his voice instantly put me in a much, much, better state of mind- i grabbed a tasty lunch of salad and a awesome veggie wrap and went to my next class- history of psych, which i was completely and totally prepared for :0) at least that's what i thought....

i took a quick peak at the syllabus and realized that i have a rough draft of my 10 page paper due next week... which i haven't even started- nor do i have all of my resources yet. why do i procrastinate? the least i could do is have my resources ya know? so now i will be spending a good majority of my weekend writing my paper- or at least a couple of pages to show her i have something- i am lucky because my teacher is pretty cool- she allowed me to hand in my outline later because i was having computer troubles- which really saved me because she is grading the paper as we go along- meaning the topic we handed in is worth 5 points, the outline is worth another 10- so if you don't hand something in along the way those points are automatically deducted from the final grade- i was totally thankful- how often is it that you get a professor that is understanding? not often at my school so i was pretty happy.

after that class i went to my art therapy internship class- and realized i had to present today- and i had not read. i didn't intentionally forget that i had to present the chapter i just forgot due to my fantastically lazy spring break. so i completely faked it.... and it worked! i don't like to do that- especially when i am going to present- i may not read everything that is assigned in my classes but if i am going to present i make it a point to read- especially because i feel like i presenting the material which is very important to not only my learning but the other students in my class. but all was well- no major slip-ups and i came out of it looking prepared which was a good thing.

so then it was time for work.... this is the only thing i have to say about that...


yea..... i hate websense..... i feel like they should change the name to web-no-sense.... okay my jokes are lame, but i am serious people! every time i try to access a site it is blocked by websense..... why? does work really need to suck the life and the fun we are supposed to have in this life out of everything???!?!?!?!

the answer is yes..... i know this but i still love to complain....

well hubby has made dinner and here i sit on my blog so i should go eat with him- is it just me or do you guys get entirely too wrapped up in your blogs as well? sometimes i don't even realize how long i've been on here!

maybe i'll just send him this card......


except i do have a blog.... and i do write pleasant things- so you see this card is 100% true! absolutely the right card for hubby :0)

3 comments:

Julia Goolia said...

God I love someecards.

And yes, blogging in the evenings can be tricky with husbands. It's difficult sometimes but worth it:)

Harmony said...

you are so right about that my friend- both things :0)

Erin said...

I hate the first day back from breaks!

But I love me someecards.