Tuesday, November 27, 2007

thanksgiving

so thanksgiving wasn't all i had hoped it to be. i spent all of my day sitting in front on the tv sick :0(

it all started in the morning- i have been sick for about three weeks so it was no surprise to me when i woke up and still didn't feel good on thanksgiving. we were going to darin's aunt's house and i really did want to go. for those of you who know me- you know that i don't particulary get a long with everyone in darin's family but i really did want to go. i didn't want to spend thanksgiving alone on my couch with just the remote and dexter (my wonderful cat who i love but it's just not the same). So i got up in the morning got in the shower- felt good. Then i got out of the shower- my head was splitting and i felt like i was on fire. Yep definately not going to Thanksgiving! I guess i got too ambitious and thought i felt better then i did. So Darin got ready to go went and got me boston market- what a sweet guy! So i sat and stuffed myself with green bean casserole and mashed potatoes and fell asleep- woke up watched fresh prince o belaire, fell asleep- and repeat. That was pretty much my Thanksgiving in a nutshell.

so it wasn't the most memorable holiday but it was okay. i got to spend some time relaxing and catching up on sleep that i hadn't been getting because of this cold- darn cold :0(. But i am feeling much better this week- better then i have been feeling all week long- so that is a plus.

i am gearing up for the last two weeks of my semester- lots to do, lots to accomplish but i think i have it under wraps. My last big hurdle? My theology presentation next wednesday that i am not nearly as ready for as i should be. i meet with my teacher on thursday so that he can help me- apparently he told me i am using outdated material- isn't the whole damn bible outdated? oh well- we'll see what thursday brings.

i look forward to the weeks ahead- it means freedom from papers,books, homework- all of that stuff. it also means i can finally cook every night for darin and i- and i can read the trashy novels that have been calling my name so many nights. it also means there will be beer time for me and aerin- that is the most important thing :0)

well my break is over at work- it is never long enough! my goal is to be out of here in a year- i'll keep you posted on that one. hopefully this art therapy degree will get me something better- preferably a job where i don't have to leave my house at 545 AM!!!!!

No comments: