Monday, December 3, 2007

thankful for a lot of things

So i decided to write today about the things i am thankful for. i know what your probably all thinking- Thanksgiving is long gone! however i was sick on Thanksgiving so i'm sure you guys can give me a break :0)

1.) First and foremost i am thankful for my husband. i realized today when i woke up and looked over at him- snoring away next to me (love you babe :0) that i don't always tell him how much i appreciate him. why is this? i really need to take time out of my everyday life to let him know how important he is to me. when i'm stressed he's there- countless numbers of back, foot, and leg rubs, wonderful dinners, chick flicks, bitching sessions- he does it all! he may not always remember- but this is human (something i have to remember- i'm not perfect either). I am lucky to have him in my life and i promise myself and him that starting today i will let him know how much i love him. i will take more time for him. My husband is not only my best friend and the love of my life- but he is my rock- my soul and the one who keeps me going through it all.

2.) My semester at school is almost done! Next fall will be my last semester of college and i am excited! I will be a graduate of college!!!! This is something i have waited for- four and a half long years- it's almost here! No matter how much crap this semester has put me through by next year at this time it will all be worth it! I feel for once my life is finally starting to take shape and all my hard work is finally paying off. I have classes i love next semester- with people i love- and it is going to be awesome. Things are definately looking up when it comes to school :0)

3.)My friends are amazing. I have made such great friends in this past year then i have ever made in my life. These are friends i will have for the rest of my life- people i have shared my thoughts, tears, joy, and happiness with. They have been there for the milestones- my wedding, moving, meeting the love of my life, my college life and everything in between. And they will be there for the next big steps- our first home, our first baby, and my college graduation. These are people i love, trust, and consider to be family. I don't have any brothers or sisters- but i feel like i do when i'm around these people. they are amazing human beings and i wouldn't be who i am today- the strong, intelligent, bubbly girl that i am today- without them.

4.) My mother- i would not be here today without her. She has been the mother, the father, the best friend- she is everything to me. There have been times we have been at odds- but never enough to not come back to eachother. She has helped me through some hard times, some of the best times, and all the times inbetween. She has loved me as well as my husband and done so much for us. She is the most amazing woman in the world and i hope i can be every bit as amazing to my kids as she is to me.

*and of course the small things- small yet so important :0)

5.) my apartment- small yet cozy- a roof over our heads
6.) our cat dexter- he is always there when you need him- to laugh, to cry, or just to hang out with and watch tv. he is truly the best of both worlds- a little bit of cat- and a lot of dog like tendencies as well :0)
7.) the chance to get an awesome education-not everyone has this
8.) our beautiful wedding we had in August- thanks to our parents and friends
9.) cucumber rolls from fujiyama
10.) guitar hero and homemade tropical mixed drinks- at the same time :0)
11.) botanical gardens
12.)the ability to dance and teach it to others- i hope i have this for the rest of my life!
13.) mexican food :0) me and my hubby's first date
14.) our jobs- not ideal but they get us what we need to survive
15.) the many vacations hubby and i have taken together- we are lucky to be able to do this every year!
16.) to live in a city full of culture and diversity- it opens my eyes to so much
17.) potato dumpling soup, veggie chili- some of my specialities :0)
18.) life! to have the opportunity to live, love, laugh, and be alive is the thing i am most thankful for- i can't imagine not living my life- i love my life and realize that i am lucky!

i am sure that i could have a longer list- but this is good for now. posts like this are a real eye opener- they make me truly see all that i have!

more posts this week to follow- i promise to post how my final projects go- one philosophy paper this week and one 20 mintute theology presentation- wish me luck!!!!

No comments: