Monday, June 9, 2008

special package update

hi everyone! sorry i have been absent for a little while- there has been A LOT going on- things i won't go into in this post because i want this post to be about one thing and one thing only- however i will post about those other things later and get everyone caught up :0)

so i was telling you all in a previous post about a "special package" that i was sending to a very very special someone. Well that special someone was Keri who i have posted about before in a previous post. If you haven't yet read about my very very special someone you can read about her here

after hearing Julia's story about Keri i decided i wanted to do something special for her. i posted about Keri, and her amazing strength, her warming personality, and how much of an inspiration she was to all of us with her positive attitude and kick-ass view on all that was happening to her. I wanted to do more however- i just felt like it wasn't enough to write a blog post. I wanted to give Keri something special- something that would make her smile and let her know that she is special and that she has a lot of people rooting for her! I talked to Julia who first introduced us all to Keri and her story. I told Julia i wanted to help and she gave me a great idea- how about scarves? As you all probably remember Keri has beautiful curly blonde hair that she would possibly be loosing after Chemo. I LOVED the idea of scarves but i wasn't sure where i was going to find a bunch of cool scarves. And i didn't just want to get her one scarf because i was sure she would probably get bored with just one color. That's when the light bulb in my head turned on..... What if i HAND MADE her a bunch of fun, girly, scarves? :0)

So i decided to use my wonderful Fiber Fabrics class as an outlet to make Keri a bunch of beautiful handmade scarves for every possible occasion she would ever need one! I got help from the lovely ladies in my college Fiber Fabrics class, bought some beautiful silk scarves, and got to work! Here are some fun pictures of us with the scarves we made... (side note- i'm the awkward looking one in the purple sweater :0)




Some of us made 1 scarf and some of us made 2 or even 3! I can't thank these girls enough for helping me make something special and unique for Keri. These girls made these absolutely beautiful scarves the week before final exams! I couldn't have been more appreciative!

Julia told me Keri received the scarves and was absolutely touched! She even brought some of the scarves with her on her recent trip home to show her family! I was so excited that she loved them and that they were something she could use to remind herself how fabulous she is and how much everyone is thinking of her!

Hope you are all having a wonderful Monday! Look for another big post tomorrow!

6 comments:

Julia Goolia said...

yay for the post, but I can't see the pictures!! Can you fix that please:)

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Harmony said...

all fixed ladies! thanks for the sweet comments! <3

sierra said...

Wow, that is so sweet of you! From what I can see of the pictures, they all look great!

Julia Goolia said...

They are super fabulous! I can see why Keri loved them all so much. Thank you again, Harmony.

Erin said...

Wow, those are fabulous!!!