Tuesday, February 19, 2008

hello mr postman, do you have my refund?

okay so this refund check thing with my college has really been wearing thin on my list of "things i absolutely cannot stand" one of them being not getting my refund check in a timely manner which i haven't since i started that school 4 years ago.....whoooo deep breath!

so after going into my school, complaining about said refund check for about 20 minutes to a lady who could care less, calling the school to complain again when i realized said check was still not in my mailbox, and finally ripping the head off a banana (totally accidental but hilarious- kind of like broke college student meets the invisible hulk) i was done- i decided to call the school yet again yesterday before i went to work. i proceeded to tell her i needed this refund check, where was it, and when will i get my money? then she proceeded to tell me in a snotty tone that yesterday was presidents day and that no mail was being delivered.....

idiot party of one?

i felt like a fool- today when i went to my mailbox there was said check and i jumped for joy- my heart was lighter and there was a silver lining to those bill-filled clouds! so now i can finally pay more money to david's bridal- my fiercest creditor and actually my best friend- they call every day! :0)

so now that is done- and the burden is just a little lighter and i will take whatever i can get right now! so now we just wait for our refund checks- we are very excited about those- that means even more bills getting paid off and more money to actually buy what we need- food, gas, and other miscellaneous treasures :0)

otherwise today was like any other tuesday- not too much exciting going on. i worked this morning at 6am and believe me it was tough to wake up! cold+early morning+ice on my window+medical billing= sucktastic- is that a word? blogger tells me no but i'll use it anyways

well i am off to make my apple strudel with my group of residents at the group home. i have created a cooking night every tuesday night which they all really look forward to. tonight is the night i have the most participation and the highest interest of any activities- well besides sit and be fit of course- that's on channel 10 just in case anyone was wondering :0) i am a faithful watcher of this show on the weekends- in fact i even join in with the res once in a while :0)

more tomorrow as the week progresses- after this week is over i feel i will be a lot more centered, and a lot less stressed for a change! t-minus 5 days and counting!

2 comments:

Miss Sass said...

I love you!!! And fuck bills. =P They suck. I miss you!!!

Molly said...

That is some positive attitude you have going on - to look at a daily call from David's Bridal as your best friend!
Please, please, please go and buy Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover book - it will change your life and it will only cost you twenty bucks. :0)