Thursday, February 21, 2008

this morning in my car.....

so i realize that this may be a strange title for my post but my car really did get me thinking today. allow me to explain- i spend a lot of time in my car- and i mean a lot! i probably get in and out of my car about 10 or more times per day- i am always running- work, school, work, back to school, home, the store, or just daily errands. this is very taxing but you know what? i wouldn't trade it for anything, why? because the time that i am in my car helps me get two things:

1. time for myself
2. time to reflect

both of these things are very important- not only for me but for all of us. i really feel like i do my best thinking in my car. i enjoy getting in my car and running my errands because i know it's just me, my radio, and the open road. in my car really i am limitless- it can take me anywhere i need or want to go.

this morning i was in my car- thinking about those events i had spoken of in earlier posts (which i may or may not blog about later- we'll see how today goes!) and i realized something- i have spent far to much time dwelling on these events- life throws you curve balls and that is okay- in fact it is what makes us all stronger. i don't like to be tested- but sometimes it is necessary- and i truly feel that we will be in a better place because of all of this- maybe not today, maybe not even this month- but soon.

i just wanted to write this post in a way to remind myself- good things are ahead. i feel better everyday- this month has been hell! but then again i think that maybe i don't know what hell truly is- i don't have it that bad and i don't like to act like i do. everyone gets down on their luck- what i love most about blogging is that i can post and people reach out to me when i need it the most- no matter how silly or serious the posts- you are all there- i couldn't ask for more. what i love even more is that i am able to read all of your blogs and be there for you- that is something that is most important to me. :0)

so after this post i am thinking things will start to be a lot brighter around here at my blog. new things are coming- i could just tell how the world was brighter today- i try to look at like as if there is always something to look forward to- when i come home at the end of the day i know this is true- i have a husband who loves me more than anything in the world- and i love him just as much- we share everything together and i love that. i have a family who is always there for me- through it all- and friends that do the same- more than they know! and last but not least i have this blog- which has helped me write all this down and have a feeling of relief and connectedness to others- which is so important.

i will leave you with this picture- that i feel is very fitting- darin and i took a road trip to florida two years ago- we didn't have any money, but we did with what we had- and it was the most amazing time either of us have ever had- well maybe besides our wedding day and honeymoon :0)

happy thursday everyone!















2 comments:

Julia Goolia said...

I agree with you---car time is "me" time and I come up with my best ideas during my commute.

You guys are too cute in that picture, too! Can't wait for the cat picture:)

Miss Sass said...

I love you. xoxo. we need to hang soon.