Sunday, February 17, 2008

my balloon mobile

so i have to say that after my last post i was feeling pretty down. I went to work on Valentines Day and was pretty sure that my day was in no way going to get any better. well i was wrong- i never took into account that i have the best husband in the world- and yes that is the whole world :0)

he made me heart shaped chocolate chip cookies- totally romantic and cute! he tried to use cookie cutters but they didn't work- so he formed them in to hearts by hand! i was floored- they were perfect hearts! he did an awesome job!

but that is not all i received!

he made me a huge valentines display on the ceiling of our bedroom- red balloons and pink streamers (see pic at bottom of post!)- so that before i go to bed at night i can think of him, and the moment i wake up i can think of him- it was totally sweet and just what i needed to feel better. he also got me a box of chocolates and a beautiful card(yet again another pic :0) that was so sweet. i really realized more then ever how lucky i am. not because my husband gives me things on valentines day- but because he is kind, compassionate, caring and wonderful every single day of the year- i just don't always see it because i'm too busy being stressed- which definitely has to stop.

i feel like i am devoting entirely too much time to being stressed out. i feel like i need to spend more time for myself- being happy about what IS going right in our lives. i spend waaaaay to much time being down- and i hate being a debbie downer- it's just not who i like to be- for myself, other people, or my awesome husband.

i really am hoping that this week will be different- i am going to go into it very positively- open mind, open heart, open eyes- i can only take one day at a time and life may not always be fantastic or go the way i plan but it really is beautiful and gives us amazing opportunities otherwise gone ungiven- does that make sense? i hope so!

well loyal blog readers this post is going to be a little short- i have a lot of psych reading and i hope before i fall asleep i can spend some quality time with the hubby cuddling and watching a movie- i have been promising him we would do this all week- i hope to keep my promise!

but before i go- did anyone drive last night in that horrible ice storm? unbelievable! D and i saw 15 accidents between racine and milwaukee- we couldn't believe it! some cars were even turned over- completely on the hood of their car! i don't think we saw so many squad cars in one night- ever! i hope all of you are safe and sound- drive carefully!!!! i can feel spring- i really can- it just has to be right around the corner! we need it!

have a happy monday everyone! more to come to you later :0) i will leave you with some pictures from our valentines day festivities :0)
my balloon mobile!













my beautiful card <3













me and d at benihana! <3

3 comments:

sierra said...

How sweet! I'm glad you were still able to enjoy your Valentine's Day. I love Benihana!

I agree, life is too short to be stressed out all of the time. It's not worth it! You just have to find what works for you and go with it. Good luck!

Miss Sass said...

Awwww, Darin! This is why I love you and yr my brother-in-law. ;) I love you bunches. And I love Harmony even more!!! if that is at all possible. We should really get together sometime soon. What are you doing friday? We could go out for Ruby Tuesdays... mmmm, delicious starwberry lemonades made with real fruit and free re-fills.... you know you want one. ;)

Julia Goolia said...

Super cute! Keep your head up and hang in there. Tis the season to be stressed but we'll get through it all:)