Monday, December 17, 2007

37 glorious days off!!!

So i know it has been 6 days since i have posted, and i hate to do that. I really have come to like my blog, no, LOVE my blog. I like it because it is somewhere i can post what is happening, vent, rant, or just write- which i haven't really done in a long time unless it was for school purposes. I am happy to say however that my time away from school has finally begun! i have 37- yes you read that right- 37 DAYS OFF OF CLASS! My classes begin again on January 23rd and until then i am not going anywhere near that college. I am excited for this month off and i plan to use it wisely- catching up with friends, relaxing, dates with the husband, and lots and lots of sleep- oh and eating good food- how could i forget that? :0) So if anyone wants to hang out- now is the time people! Next semester is going to be a nuthouse.....but we don't need to think about that now :0)

So this past Friday i came into work at 6am and was feeling good- no more classes- i have an A in the two classes that are posted so far- (yeeaaaah!!!) and i was ready to work and then go home, cook a classy dinner and crack open a bottle of wine. Then it happened- something i have been expecting for awhile but dreading ( i will explain) My boss offered me a promotion i have been waiting for- i would be hired on by the company and be able to recieve health benefits (which neither hubby or i have) as well as a 2 dollar raise in pay and a parking spot- clearly you can tell i am in it for the parking spot :0) However much to everyone's surprise- my blog readers included i'm sure.....i turned it down. My company wants a two year minimum commitment from me in order to hire me on. Now even though this commitment is not written in stone- and i could back out with any consequences i just don't want to do that. It's not right of me to take a position that i know i will probably be leaving in 7-8 months when i graduate next december. I wanted to be honest and i was- and my boss understood. She told me that she was glad i told her i had other prospects and she didn't want me to pass up any opportunities that would come my way. My aunt is opening up a group home in January and i will be her Activities Coordinator for the house. I am really excited about this because 1. i do not have to quit my current job- so i have security, good hours still and some extra cash and 2. this will look awesome on my resume for when i finally do graduate and go out there to look for a job in the "real" world! :0) So all in all that awkward convo went well- i am really glad that she still is treating me like a part of the team even though she knows i will probably be leaving within the year. I am also proud of myself for not just accepting the position knowing where i will probably be in 8 months.

Well my break is done- i have till 3:30 and then i am out of here for drinks with aerin- a monday ritual we are bringing back. we have not done drinks in a loooooong time- school, work, home, and time with the husbands really had us busy! monday night is back! :0)

i have more to write about the weekend but that my friends is for another post :0)

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Molly said...

I'm impressed with your honesty and candor with your boss - I would have taken the promotion!