Tuesday, December 11, 2007

just when i thought i was too old for snow days....

so i woke up the morning in a great mood....no a fantastic mood! it could have been the fact that i'm almost done with classes or that i went to bed last night for once at a decent time thus getting plenty of well deserved sleep. hubby again brushed off my car for me (thanks babe :0) and i was on my way to work. i'm sure most of you know if your sitting by a window or happen to be driving that there have been ice storm advisories and things of that nature out since early this morning. my drive to work was nothing unusual- not too slippery, not too icy, in fact it was actually quite pretty. i love driving to work at 6am only because everything looks completely untouched at this time of the morning- there are no cars on the road and it is just me and nature- it really is a beautiful thing :0)

so i got to work and everyone was buzzing about school closings and the ever famous statement "why the hell aren't we closed?". the medical field NEVER CLOSES!!!! no matter if your a doctor, a surgeon, or a medical biller- you will always come into work on inclement weather days- the second coming of christ could be upon us and i would still be billing people for x, y, and z disease. "hang on a minute God, i have to do bill 30 people in one hour- could you wait another 10 minutes?"

so if i haven't already lost you with my joke- which i have to laugh at because well i think it's pretty damn funny.....right?

i decided to check the closings to see if hubby's work place was on the list. Well his workplace wasn't but my college was! wtf? don't get me wrong- i love it when school closes- i pray for school to close even but TODAY? Today is exam week! i have two exams today and i was prepared- for those of you who know me well you are probably thinking yea, "prepared" hahaha- no seriously people i was prepared. i met with one of my classmates yesterday and really studied this material for my philosophy exam! So i call the school and they have no answers for me- are we having class, are we not? if exams aren't today when are they? are days exams just canceled- do i still have my night exam? yep no answers to any of these questions. my question to them is- where the hell are my answers? so i finally get text message from said classmate that tells me all exams that were supposed to be today are now moved until friday- friday? wtf.....i work on friday....all day! so now i have to miss work on friday and also loose all that pay- which i can't afford. hmmmmm so really this snow day is a pain in my ass- it is a double inch sword- awesome because now i can go sledding with aerin- but ridiculous because now i have to skip work on friday and take all the exams i didn't take today! my college never, never, closes- (see above paragraph second coming of christ joke) so why today? sometimes i think my 20,000 dollars is simply put to building new buildings and dedicating them after old people.

so that is my day thus far- more to come later if there is more. i will be lounging at home, relaxing, eating cake, and baking reindeer cookies that i bought on sale last night at the grocery store. if anyone else is at home doing the same- call me, we'll chat :0)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i found you. dude! you missed the "mountain of death" sledding last night. so much fun. what's up with beer time?