Wednesday, December 19, 2007

the grades are in it's time to drink!

so for the past couple of days i have been stalking my college website making sure to be one of the first ones to see my grades. i had been waiting and waiting and waiting- i swear it seemed like forever, but......they are finally in! they are as follows:
Philosophy:A
Biblical Lit:A
Ballet/Tap/Jazz:A
Astronomy:A
Ceramics:B
YES! i feel like this semester has gone great- exactly what i expected, no surprises, a rising GPA and a definately feeling of accomplishement! I worked so hard this semester and it paid off! i will be making the deans list again for the 7th semester in a row and it feels awesome!

and to celebrate i will be going out with the girls tonight! we will be going to one of our favorite wednesday night spots- Vitucci's on North. They have ladies night every wednesday starting at 9pm- 3 free drinks for the ladies! and i always keep my extra tokens when i don't want to drink a lot so i have a loooooot saved up for this very special celebration night! we are starting out with dinner at kates- mexican of course :0) and then moving on to Vitucci's - tonight will be awesome!

in other news i had the talk with s on sunday- that didn't go as i had planned- it's never easy to talk to you in-laws and this conversation didn't really go like i had hoped. aerin and i definately had a long bitch fest about s and c on monday over coctails- our usual Monday night gathering. i am hoping however that christmas will be good this year- i really want to be in the christmas spirit ya know? i hate being the only grinch- and i won't be, i will cheer up and i will have a good holiday break! to help me do this i am playing christmas music in my cubicle at work and of course due to my new love for cooking i will be bringing a dish to pass to my mother in laws house. i need to keep an open mind about this family and by adding to the food i am hoping i can feel more included- less excluded. i also am bringing something because there is rarely anything i can eat because of my vegetarianism (is that a word?) and my mil acts pretty offended that i don't eat meat- what is the big deal anyways? Last year i made this awesome buffallo chicken dip that i got the recipe for from my bookclub- NO ONE TRIED IT!!!! I was really hurt- why when someone tries to be nice and bring a part of their home in to another home do people just ignore the gesture? I definatley made it be known too that i brought something- but everyone just passed it right up! but i digress....

well my lunch is done- i have 2 1/2 hours until i am off of work- and i can't wait!!!! i am going home to get ready for an awesome night out! i plan taking a long shower- using all the hot water up and then taking my sweet time to do my hair and makeup!

i will post again- this time with pics from our night on the town!

hope everyone's christmas shopping is going well! i on the other hand have no gifts yet- looks like i will be very very busy this weekend!

No comments: