Saturday, January 19, 2008

a couple of random thoughts

hello everyone! sorry i have been on hiatus for a couple of days- totally not like me- i love my blog- i love to blog- and after last post i actually know people read it so i don't want to disappoint anyone! :0) i no longer can post at work- we have a filtered internet so blogspot- because so many people use it at my job- was blocked by websense....

an open letter to websense

dear websense,
you make my work day miserable. why must you block everything that is fun? i believe you are anti- fun and i feel that instead of ruining my life by blocking www.blogspot.com you should go check out guy who smokes 5 packs a day and smells like he sleeps in a bar- now his sites are sites you should be blocking- if you know what i mean.

i know how to sit and eat my lunch in quiet- there will be no more laughing coming from my cubicle due to the hilarious things my friends write about on their blogs. i can no longer let them know i think they are hilarious because well you have done away with google as well. you are not human websense, your heart is black....

well websense you have really done it now. you make everything fun suck......and yes i truly mean that.

i hate you

-disgruntled employee

okay, now that is done- on to more random thoughts.....

i started my second job- it is a lot of work! i am happy i can drag in some extra income but it is really wearing on me! i couldn't even finish watching anthony bourdain last night- i fell asleep on the couch at 9:30- i woke up to D carrying me into the bedroom and muttering something about how working at a retirement home makes me old as well....and he did make a comment earlier about how i smell like old people home- what? tell me, is that really a smell? i wanted to cry....

all in all though the job is fantastic- lots of nice people, freedom to do what i want to do with activities seeing as i am the activities director! it is one of the nicest jobs i have ever had! i am glad though that i did not get rid of my medical billing job yet- i am just not ready, the people are nice, the job is flexible and the pay is good- i am back on spirit team and i am truly happy! we had our spirit team luncheon and it was awesome- reconnecting with old friends and meeting new- clearing the air and starting off the new year right. the drama that once was at my workplace is gone- i am truly happy to work with the people i work with! so on the job front all is well :0)

i told D to record something we could watch when i got home from work. what did he record on the DVR? When Good Pets Go Bad 2!
hmmmm, i was thinking something a little more romantic, no? from this show i have learned i will never own a kangaroo as a pet- enough said

school starts next week wednesday and like i have said in previous posts i am kind of psyched! good classes, good people- hopefully now i can add to that list good professors, less crap to put up with from the college- and it will be a great semester. one not so great thing is i paid $350 dollars for 4 books- 1 of them was a book for an art class.....an art class.... am i missing something here?


other than that not too much new- i will see what the weekend brings and write more on sunday- for any of you who are gearing up to see the packers play this weekend- go pack! have a great time and don't freeze!

4 comments:

Miss Sass said...

Harmony, this is why I love you. You crack me up. Think almost every one of your blogs I read, I'm cracking up. This is why you're my best friend. I will see you tonight for dancing. *hugs*

By the way never buy books unless there are actual assignments in them. I speak from experience. I've boughten many a book, only to never crack it open. I've even had books that even though they were still wrapped up in the original plastic, the bookstore would only buy them back for less than 20% of their value or whatever the pennies that they fling back at you amounts to. Damn you bookstore. Why must you taunt me.

sierra said...

I have actually learned through our web filter that blogger ads a TON of spam and crap onto the system. Our virus software often recognizes it as "malicious attacks". I have an "in" with the boss man, so I convinced him not to block it. But, that's probably why you're blocked. HTH!

Julia Goolia said...

"When good pets go bad" has to be the most random choice for DVR recording ever! Very funny post. I think I'll frequent your blog often:)

Miss Sass said...

Dear Websense,

Why must you not let Harmony blog? I frequently browse her page instead of getting actual work done. Why do you hate procrastination and all things holy? My entertainment has severly deminished since you blocked blogspot. I hate you.

-disgruntled friend of employee