Tuesday, January 8, 2008

i felt like a presential candidate

so last night at midnight marked the end the "best of 2007 photo contest" that was being held on my photographers website www.mthreestudio.com

the votes are in....... I WON!!!!

yes indeed- i won an 11x14 framed picture of one of my favorite shots from the wedding- the sparkler shot at the end of the night! and to top it off molly also awarded the 2nd place couple an 11x14 framed pic of their shot too :0) it was a fabulous contest with a fabulous result.

i however stayed up waaaaay to late last night. i planned on watching molly's blog like a hawk and tallying up the votes- instead i decided to begin watching (aerin you will be proud) Star Wars with the hubby- but then we both fell asleep and woke up at about 12:45- having not calculated any votes whatsoever throughout the evening. i ran to my computer- did i win? did all of those text messages and facebook cries for votes work???? YES! i didn't have to sit by my computer after all- my friends and family pulled through for me- i was truly proud. molly's blog was full of comments- 126 to be exact! one vote for #8, #4, #8, #4- we were neck in neck! i am so glad we both won the pictures though- both of us worked hard to get those votes!

today though i am tired- but it was worth it. i work till 6:30 tonight- not too entirely excited about that but it will do- i need the money.

in other news i start my 2nd job this weekend as an activitie director- i am psyched!!!! 11 dollars an hour- a chance to do art, exercise, and cooking? why those three things are me in a nutshell- i l.o.v.e having a job i well, love! i am still keeping my other job- basically because we need both the incomes- and well it is very very flexible with my school schedule.

oh how i can't wait till school is done- then i can work 40 hours a week- make good money and really enjoy every day ot the fullest- at least that is the plan!

that is all for now, i will be writing to you all again soon- wish me luck to make it till 6:30- it's gonna be a long night.....

1 comment:

Molly said...

You both worked so hard, how could I not expand the prize? Thanks for the kudos, and congratulations!